May 12, 2010

Buildings

Stuttgart war zum Ende des 2. Weltkrieges, bedingt durch unzählige Luftangriffe, in einem schlimmen Zustand. Über die Hälfte der Gebäude war zerstört. Unversehrt blieben diese wunderschönen Häuser in der Humboldtstraße im Stuttgarter Süden, gleich bei der Karlshöhe.
Stuttgart was in a bad condition at the end of WWII because of a lot of air strikes. More than a half of its buildings were destroyed. The picturesque buildings on the photo stayed intact. They are situated in the south of Stuttgart, in the Humboldtstrasse near Karlshoehe.

5 comments:

Jørgen Carlsen said...

The houses are magnificent. I notice your remarks of the destructions during Second World War.

Suburban Girl said...

I do like the detail of that architecture in the old buildings. I'm glad there were survivors!

Halcyon said...

Really nice!

I would love to visit someday.

Petrea Burchard said...

It's wonderful to see that some of this beautiful architecture survived. I wish there were more of it.

Lowell said...

What beautiful structures. I'm so glad they stayed intact! War is so damn useless!